PDA

View Full Version : The Hunt Begins, Enayla (2D)

Enayla
09-14-2003, 10:17 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/45074/tathaniise_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/45074/tathaniise.jpg)

As always, painted part in photoshop 7, and part in painter 7 :) My two favourite programs.

'tis the dread queen Ta'thaniise of the Dark Oak Fae - calling the first two prey in the grand hunt.

The format is rather classic, I know... and ironically enough, I've only just noticed that I've used all the same colours that I used on the first portrait I made of the Queen of the dark fae, a year or so ago :]'

Anyway, I hope you like:

sirgreensock
09-15-2003, 12:42 AM
Wow! :drool:
Impressive, like all of your works!
Just one nitpick, she doesnt seem like a part of the ground she is standing on, like she's floating. Im not sure if you intended it that way, it doesnt blend with the image.
Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

ceql
09-15-2003, 01:02 AM
Ohh Wow!!!!! awesome!! :applause: :applause:

Just my opinion: the top 2/3rds of the image is absolutely and utterly awesome (and one of my fav. paintings I've seen all year) :drool:, but imho I don't think that the grass (nor the shadows of the people on it) work so much, I think it takes something away the powerful upper half of the image....
To me, I think it looks better when the image is cropped just a small distance from below where her feet are. (just my opinion anywayz...)

Anywayz, I love your work!! you are a huge inspiration to us all! :)

Goatfuzz
09-15-2003, 01:45 AM
Very nice looking clouds!:beer:

Quikp51
09-15-2003, 06:52 AM
I love it! The idea behind it is very compelling too as she hunts with demon dogs for sport.

olijosman
09-15-2003, 06:57 AM
fantastic! the idea, the composition, the color!
technically impressive!!:applause:
is everything of head, you use real reference?
awesome!!:applause:

phoenix
09-15-2003, 07:01 AM
its fine

but with few errors

...problem with her hand.......the resting on her pelvis.......

some how i am unable to understand light.....

Malameel
09-15-2003, 07:04 AM
The shadows of teh people on the grass is the weakest point IMHO. However, the grass looks great.

Still a very bad ass image.

???
09-15-2003, 07:05 AM
cool :)

Goro
09-15-2003, 07:10 AM
Good to see you again! And another amazing work. But this time I can see some problems...

Her right hand seems a bit too small

Compared to the arms the legs are undifined they sould have
more curves. Especially the right leg.

I think there should be some shadow under the feet

But anyways amazing work!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I really have to improve my ps skills:)

oxyg3n
09-15-2003, 07:14 AM
Nice painting.

I dont like the grass though, I almost feel like she should be walking along a stony path, littered with small creatures, like spiders.

Could you tell us about the figure, what she represnts. I am not familiar with her?

wgreenlee1
09-15-2003, 07:19 AM
I dont like the dogs in the fore ground or the shadows from the people but everything else is too friggin' cool!!!

Ultragames
09-15-2003, 07:22 AM
WOW, nice pic. Cut it off at her fea though, the grass and shadows dont go at all. REALY nice pic though.

starqueen
09-15-2003, 07:27 AM
something about the design in this piece doesn't sit right with me. Her left arm seems too long and her legs too stiff and crisp. I agree that the shadows on the grass don't do well... etc

I love the craftsmanship tho as always :)

eLm0
09-15-2003, 07:37 AM
great looks like she fell right outta fashion tv with that outfit
its really great love the cloud dog in the middle left you can feel the movement its really special amazing stuff:thumbsup:

On your website your work i miss you *monocramatic piece* AMAZING i love it

Blackarts
09-15-2003, 07:44 AM
wow I really like this one. You have some stunning imagery being created with the subtle spider thing. The mood is suitably chilly, and the figure is contructed nicely. Any reference used? The only thing i might change would be te sahdows of the two people at the bottom, don't know why, they just bug me. awesome work!

NSYaction
09-15-2003, 07:46 AM
evry want to see the big picture!~~~

cool~~

mindrot
09-15-2003, 07:54 AM
:eek: Sweet jeebers this is so sexy :drool:

singleguy
09-15-2003, 07:56 AM
very powerful:surprised

ShinChanPu
09-15-2003, 09:12 AM
Mmmm... I think this is your weakest work (from your beginning in CGTALK). You got excellent areas like clouds, face, clothes and skin tones mixed with poor solutions in others like legs, feet, wolves, posing, lighting integration...
I know you can do it much better. Maybe you hurried to finish?
:wip:

mehdianim
09-15-2003, 09:25 AM
The woman looks really good, the wolves however don't look as tight, which is a bit disappointing considering your skill. Did you use reference for the wolves? ...doesn't really look like it.
The idea though, is cool. I like the spider legs, nice touch. I agree the two shadows could be lost, or not as intrusive in the frame...
:applause: :shrug: :surprised

halo
09-15-2003, 09:56 AM
i'd agree about the comments about the wolves, the right hand one is acceptable as perhaps a stylisting representation, the left one isn't up to the standard of the rest of the image.

Lunatique
09-15-2003, 10:11 AM
Hey girl! Where are those nice detail shots that everyone's going to ask you for? ;) Lovely, as always.

VelvetDragon
09-15-2003, 10:13 AM
:love: :love: Lindaaa I loOooOooOove YooOOooUUuuUu ! :)
:blush:

CarlCampbell
09-15-2003, 10:26 AM
I really like the whole feel to this piece. I also don't think the right hand is bad at all because the arm would be bending back and her wrist slightly below her actual hand and thats what makes it simple "look" funny, thats all.
I really like the shadow of the spider on the ground and around her (if thats wha its intended to be). Only crit might be that the wolf to her right (our left) looks MUCH less fierce than the other and the mist streaking of the ears looks a little strange.
Its not really my place to be nitpicking; hands-down, excellent work!

Carl :beer:

Bruzundanga
09-15-2003, 12:06 PM
Incredible piece of art.

Highlights: The girl (pose, skin tones, lightining), the sky, the grass....

Bad (for me): The composition (seems everything was cut and placed together) and the wolves.

The weakest parts of this paiting ARE the animals. They miss a lot of details. See their feets. They seems to not have fingers! Their expression isn't good, the fur, colours.. I didn't like them all.

(Maybe it's all because u love cats, not "dogs", hehehe :beer: )

Again, it's impressive, good job! :D

StealthPharaoh
09-15-2003, 12:09 PM
first of all,i love all your work and i've been looking at your stuff on epilogue for a long time..
now this picture..i realy like the sky,it's aweosme..one of your best skies in fact..but i agree that there are some parts that aren't your usual quality especially the wolves..but i'm pretty sure u can make it alot better if u wanted to..probably u didn't have enough time or u had to stop..

anyways,one more thing..
i loved your old work too and a lot of them aren't posted on your new site..i mean i think yarahi is still one my favorite of all your work..i hope u upload all of them someday..

well,keep up the brilliant work..:)

vrapp
09-15-2003, 12:55 PM
Oh my goddess.
Thats so sweet. :drool:

Oh, and by the way - will you marry me? ;)

Peace

Wonderer
09-15-2003, 01:25 PM
I'm speechless!:drool:

Incrediblah
09-15-2003, 03:01 PM
awesome

onnevan
09-15-2003, 04:05 PM
I don´t like it. It´s like ĦĦĦOh my God, a supermodel is going to kill me!!!. The pose is like taken from a Cosmopolitan Magazine.It has a lack of strength. It could be much better with just a few changes and of course another pose.
The clouds are superb, so I guess you could do it much better.

Hatey
09-15-2003, 04:16 PM
Thats something that is completely out of my league. very impressive

cc : that left dog's right leg looks like its made of plastic , and doesn't seem to connect to the rest of her body.

the peoples shadow doesn't work at all with the lightning, the illumination is coming from behind her (hence the shadows of her wings in front of her) but the shadows are coming from the opposite direction, which just makes it look out of place. I can understand lighting her even though her back is to the source light but it just doesn't look good with the people.

anyway those shadows and the dog are the only thing thats bothering me about it. aside from that, Great work:thumbsup:

Arcangel
09-15-2003, 05:20 PM
I Love it as always your work is truly awe inspiring to behold. Maybe one day I can grow up to produce art at this magnitude. The composition as a whole piece has the Enayla touch to it and in my opinion thats what makes it a masterpice in my eyes. Bravo and I hope that made sense. :eek: :applause:

Cinematography
09-15-2003, 05:20 PM
I'm with the majority on this one. The shadows of the two people at the bottom of the image are eye sores. Please [please] remove them. Other than that, the image is excellent.

bleu
09-15-2003, 05:37 PM
Nice Huntress!! No crits (that have not already been said)! Also nice work overall, it's seem you've been drawing for a long time. I love the dayglimmer bird on your web site, very good colorful magical atmosphere (like almost all your work, but not all that colorful). I'm actually thinking what you were thinking about the Wacom, I'll probably get myself one, cause I don't think just trying it will do. My greeting to Azrael.

chikega
09-16-2003, 12:22 AM
Very beautiful painting - reminds me of Vallejo's work.

The first thing that caught my eye though was the women's right leg (her right) - it's extremely linear along the inside of the thigh, knee and then to the calve area - I would add a slight curve or protuberance to the knee area.

Rubberduckie
09-16-2003, 02:06 AM
Wunderbarr! Fantastic! Only gripe would be...yeah the hand on the pelvis...and the shadows of the ehm...'victims' kinda well...chessy. Just my 2 cents worth. But really love the way ya did the clouds and the colors!
:thumbsup:

Cheers!
:beer:

worknotplay
09-16-2003, 06:04 AM
"Mmmm... I think this is your weakest work (from your beginning in CGTALK). You got excellent areas like clouds, face, clothes and skin tones mixed with poor solutions in others like legs, feet, wolves, posing, lighting integration...
I know you can do it much better. Maybe you hurried to finish?"

- Shin Chan Pu
Veteran

Is it just me or was that really ironic?
I think some people are going a little overboard on the comments here. Maybe it's not work maybe it's play.

Vesuvando
09-16-2003, 07:36 AM
1 : :surprised
2 : :buttrock:
3 : :cry: when I read that some said that you made better things in the past...
I'll do a search on your previous posts.
Very inspirational.
:thumbsup:

Stahlberg
09-16-2003, 08:21 AM
Overall, I love it. As has been said, the shadows don't work though, I think there are 3 reasons for that: 1. The edges are too sharp, straws of grass would break it up more. 2. The poses seem contrived. 3. Normally we would expect the opposite relationship - the figure in the middle would be scared of the two shadows... because normally such shadows are seen as threatening (and it's a 2 against 1 relationship).
(Yes , and I agree they mess up the composition a bit too.)

About her pose - I like it, just her right arm (elbow) could disappear more behind her body to give her a more pleasing waist-line.

I love the spidery-thingies, the clouds, her body and face, the dogs...

ShinChanPu
09-16-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by worknotplay
"Is it just me or was that really ironic?
I think some people are going a little overboard on the comments here. Maybe it's not work maybe it's play."

What that has to do (work/play) with hurry???? And... Do you think Enayla would make such marvellous background only for playing?:rolleyes:

Athelor
09-16-2003, 04:00 PM
I always love your work Linda.

If i can, i will come to sweden for learn to you :drool: :drool: :drool:

activemotionpictures
09-16-2003, 05:01 PM
You`re a great artist buddy! did you start on real canvas or something? Haveyou ever considered going into biz with thiz?

As Rammstein would say: BANG BANG!

David R.

draconix
09-16-2003, 05:56 PM
Very beautiful. What's that symbol looking thingy in the top left corner? Or is just an artifact?

Bladestone
09-16-2003, 07:08 PM
Wow this one looks great. The colour scheme is awsome, clouds are very cool. I think her expression and pose go well with the composition. The only thing I could spot would be, perhaps adding small shadow indications right near her feet? Nice work :)

Kel Solaar
09-16-2003, 07:15 PM
great painting work! like the others said some shadows will help her to be on the ground

kevinology
09-16-2003, 08:08 PM
The only and i really mean only problem I see with this picture is the hand on her hip. Her fingers need to reside behind her hip and fade out a little bit, at least thats what I would do. Otherwise, I like the zooming in perspective, the clothing design, the grass (whoa!) and her realistic face. Fix her hand man!!! :applause:

That Adrian Guy
09-16-2003, 11:13 PM
Just like any other forum junkie... I'm all over any Enayla post = )

The silhouettes of the shadows are all wrong... it looks like their drinkin beers and stumblin around. I would get rid of the shadows an add a hazy cloud... that would give her an ambigous scale, which is always interesting.

ANyway... her expression, and clothes are very sexy, good job! The hounds might use a bit of anatomy work though.

LoL, like I could do better, he he he

HeroChannel
09-16-2003, 11:48 PM
Hi,

Excellent work:applause: But there is some critics....The atmosphere is extremly amazing, but her legs is a bit strange...And I think she is too lovely for the role of the dread queen, but it's relative...If I were you I make a more impressive pictures, with a more brutalist wolves and queen....

butchoi
09-17-2003, 06:01 AM
Wow! thats it
!:beer:

oxhido
09-17-2003, 07:50 AM
WOW... the colors are superb like everything in this picture!!!

:applause:

DEVARSHY
09-17-2003, 10:06 AM
Well, As I believe , Every Artist has full freedom to do what one pleases.So u did a great job.As always.And I cant even create anything near to this. So :thumbsup:

However, there are a few points From my perspective which could have made it better.

-The purpose of the shadows on the bottom grass is unexplained and undesired.

-its all fine if there are two different light sources acting on the subject,one on the face and another on the rest of her body.besides the backlight.: If not, the light confuses me.

-Talking of composition, this would have more appeal if the central subject is not so centrally located.This causes eyes not to move around the artwork thus losing interest of the viewer quickly.

-Anatomically,the legs could be still made better...and given more depth/roundness.

and last
- If she's the dread queen...such cold hues do not add to the desired emotion...which is aggression,fear and death. A few warmer Hues would add to the desired emotions.

Rest a brilliant artwork...very good foreshortening and perspective of the left hand and the placement of the Dogs/wolves.

NowhereMan
09-17-2003, 09:48 PM
wow...

Once again an outstanding work, the use of colours are superb, and i like the wolves very much, specially bcuz they are not sharp and detailed enough as the main character is.

Congratulations 2d godess! 5 stars:wip:

SilvioToledo
09-20-2003, 11:18 PM
Lovelly as always!

www.silviotoledo.com

Agent D
09-21-2003, 01:16 AM
I dunno, he looks way too manly.

Hehe, just kidding. It's great. ;)

lildragon
09-22-2003, 07:23 PM
The painting, lovely, the atmosphere, awesome, is she menacing enough to scare me? No. I think the main reason is that she's so deceptively flawless in beauty, that I as a "normal" person won't feel threatened by her presence. Now have some of those spirited wolves look at me as she walks towards me, now that would be a change :).

Your attention to detail is staggering tho in any respect, aside from the contact shadows for her feet, that umm *cough* open area between her legs where the light is shining thru them and the dress is an amazing touch, true artistry.

You have some amazing talent for sure though.

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Awespiring work!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_sept03.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com so I can send you the award .psd file

salud

Ruadhraigh
09-26-2003, 07:57 PM
I guess the slight stubbiness in the legs might be that the calf muscles aren't proportionate to the thigh muscles or the arms. They should be slightly slimmer and the ankles rather more so.

Yes, the forward leg will have more visual mass than the rear leg, because of perspective, but it is almost but not quite right.

The disconnection from the ground is ok - it's consistent with the characterisation. I bet she doesn't reflect in mirrors either :)

ArtManiac76
03-17-2004, 09:43 PM
I love the picture! I think of her as a new breed of werewolves. Great job!:applause:

yamazake
03-18-2004, 01:58 PM
Very nice!!!
Hey can u send me a high quality image ??
:) if yes yamazake@ig.com.br

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.