PDA

View Full Version : organic vs geometric

ZeroStrike
05-15-2010, 08:41 PM
Hello CGsociety,

This is my first post here and I am very new. I would like to ask if I can get crit and my work in progress. I am working on a piece that is organic and geometric forms. I started with this center piece of a geometric heart and I was working on this tree last night. I got some of help with the tree and I think it looks much better. Please tell me how I am doing and what areas I can improve on. Thank you much much.

~ZeroStrike

Kanga
05-17-2010, 01:01 AM
The elements look ok but the composition isnt strong enough to evoke a reaction. If you are making a statement about organics and mechanics you could make a mechanical tree with an organic heart, a mechanical heart exploding from an organic tree. A tree with roots growing over a mechanical heart, loads of stuff that would tie the two items in a narrative.

With the composition as it is it looks like two items are separate, have nothing to do with each other and the composition lines lead the eye all over the place. I didnt see the tree was a tree because the things that make it a tree are missing, where are those branches? The leaves look a bit like cloned relatives of each other. I wouldn't have seen the heart either if I hadn't read the text. Use the power of perspective and the rules of composition, lighting materials and drama.

ZeroStrike
05-17-2010, 05:58 AM
That is very true. Being able to really make a fusion on the idea would really make a better impacted and create a better understand of the piece in general. I think because of the original limitations on the idea, may have affected the overall composition and style of the piece. Your idea with creating better pairing of the two elements would be a great new idea to try. Thank you. This was my first time making a tree. I had a bit of trouble but after asking around a few of my friends, I was able to get some help.

~ZeroStrike

CGTalk Moderation
05-17-2010, 05:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.