PDA

View Full Version : Poly Count Problem with Retoplogy Tool in ZBrush 3.2

GothTropic411
05-15-2010, 01:31 AM
Hi guys, I'm having a problem using Retopology in ZBrush 3.2. I have successfully retopologized one model with no problem, but I'm having an issue with it for my subsequent models.

Let's say I have a model with 32,000 polys. When I have tried to Retopologize, the tool tells me, "ZBrush can only handle 12,000 polys", which I don't understand since I can't find any info on it in tutorials, and it seemed to work before on my first model.

I'm not sure if I have to do something extra (like Decimate), if it's some sort of glitch, or if it's attached to memory somehow...my laptop's running at 1.8 GHz with 3 gigs of RAM.

If you can help me with this roadblock that'd be great...thank you in advance! :)

RichardMarklew
05-15-2010, 04:12 PM
15,000 is the maximum polycount for tools you can load into the edit topology. The mesh you can load into the Rigging menu to use as the base doesn't have a limit. The limit is a limit, nothing to do with memory, no way round it. Go down a subdivision level, you project onto the mesh with an adaptive skin value anyway.

CGTalk Moderation
05-15-2010, 04:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.