PDA

View Full Version : Character: Olive

CnexS
09-14-2003, 12:23 PM
Shes not 100% mine but i think ive made such changes that i can call the new character mine and give her the name Olive

You can find a minor work in progress then you can se the origial picture and some steps towards the final brushstroke.

i dont know who the artist for the original picture is but if he sees this then thx for a practise image ;)

WIP <--- (http://user.tninet.se/~wdu853t/olive/)

http://user.tninet.se/~wdu853t/olive/olive/olive_cgtalk.jpg

phoenix
09-14-2003, 06:49 PM
very nice........

requiem
09-15-2003, 05:54 AM
wait, i'm having trouble telling from your wip...
did you re-create the image or add adjustments to the original?

CnexS
09-15-2003, 03:48 PM
requiem:
I havent done the original "and i dont know who the artist of the original is :/" but ive done all te changes after that and i think it's enough to post it as mine if i write that i havent done the original

requiem
09-16-2003, 01:17 AM
what i meant was, did you re-draw what the artist already did with changes or did you just paint over what the artist already did.
i personally would be honored if someone tried to re-create one of my images, but i would be slightly offended if someone just painted over my stuff and posted it online, even if they mentioned that it wasn't completely original. I'm just saying, it's very artistically ambiguous to post a paintover, especially when the original is so unique. You mentioned that it was practice, which is fine, but you might just want to keep it to yourself and post a more original piece. Keep in mind to, that these are my opinions and someone else may feel different.
if it is a re-creation, good job then. try do it from a different angle so it's not so close to the original. that would be cool.
As for a critique, the extra hair is nice but it looks a bit like it is growing out the flaps of her hat. watch out for your shading because it is looking a bit chunky (specifically under the left breast and armpit) try using a larger brush on a softer setting.

CnexS
09-16-2003, 03:37 PM
ok, now i know what you mean.. its a paintover :blush: .. but to make it up you and to the unknown artist i will try to recreate her :cool: in a diffrent angle and all that stuff.. and ill pay attention to the hair and to use a bigger brush... and i will be starting about... "waiting for photoshop to start up"... now!

requiem
09-16-2003, 06:42 PM
rock on

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.