PDA

View Full Version : Cluster Double transforms

nottoshabi
05-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Ok I'm sure this subject has been discussed before. But i can not remember the out come of it or where to find the article.

I'm doing a facial rig with clusters. And I can not make the cluster rotate and scale correctly.
This is what I have. A mesh with a cluster created on a set of CV's. The cluster is grouped and the cluster is point, rotate and scale constraint to the controller. The controller and the cluster group are parented under the head joint. The cluster is relative upon creation, I'm not getting double transforms when I rotate the head. What I'm getting is the cluster rotates and scales on a different axis then the controller. The cluster, cluster group and controller are all oriented the same and have the pivot in the same spot.

Why is the cluster picking a different axis to rotate on, then the controller?

thehive
05-13-2010, 12:08 PM
think you need to check relative in the cluster options or before making it.

nottoshabi
05-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Yeah i did that, and I also wrote it in my post.

"The cluster is relative upon creation".

And if the cluster was not relative the cluster would not move when I move the controller. Cause it would not be relative to tis parent. The problem i'm having is the fact that the cluster is picking a different axis to rotate and scale upon. But not translate. Where is that axis coming from?

thehive
05-13-2010, 06:03 PM
how do u have it parented?

nottoshabi
05-13-2010, 08:33 PM
A mesh with a cluster created on a set of CV's. The cluster is grouped and the cluster is point, rotate and scale constraint to the controller. The controller and the cluster group are parented under the head joint. The cluster is relative upon creation, I'm not getting double transforms when I rotate the head. What I'm getting is the cluster rotates and scales on a different axis then the controller. The cluster, cluster group and controller are all oriented the same and have the pivot in the same spot.

And it only happens on the rotate and scale not the transform the transform is working just fine.

DariuszLacheta
05-13-2010, 09:02 PM
it's not problem with double transform but with pivot point, it stay where you create cluster, so translate works just fine but rotation any position other than these where you create cluster will fail. you can connect invers matrixof group above to cluster to bind matrix of cluster and turn off relative in cluster to make it work or something like this i don't remember well what should you do to make it work but i have this problem in past and i solve it ^^ somehow :)

nottoshabi
05-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Thanks DariuszLacheta. That was exactly what I was looking for. I have solved it in the past. Its a formula of creating and parenting then constraining. Something along that path. Or is creating constraining then parenting. But I do remember it has something to do with the pivot. But I have tried every possible solution and it still does not work. Dang these clusters.

As soon as I figure this out I'm going to write it in a tool so that I never have to run into this problem again.

DariuszLacheta
05-13-2010, 09:33 PM
I figure it out

I create sphere (or anything) and parent cluster to it, cluster have relative turn off
and i connect
connectAttr -force ("pSphereShape2.parentInverseMatrix") ("cluster3.bindPreMatrix")

and now rotate pivotpoint is always where cluster is and you can move cluster without deforming geometry using this sphere, i use it to my rig face to stick clusters on lips and eyelids on top of blendshapes and joint deformations :) works well but i think there is better way somewhere :)

thehive
05-14-2010, 02:37 PM
oh nice thanks thats sweet

CGTalk Moderation
05-14-2010, 02:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.