PDA

View Full Version : stylized hulk bust

weiswayne
05-12-2010, 12:31 PM
hello, i currently working on a hulk generally i aimed for a sort of cartoon simplified look.
but the current goal is to get his proportion and muscles correct.
your tips or critique for me to help me improve my skills on this are highly appreciated. :D

BinkyHunter
05-13-2010, 05:10 AM
i'd say his neck muscles, the trapezius, need more bulking up. If you look at any hulk images from the movie or the comic he has huge traps. Off to a good start though

Kanga
05-13-2010, 11:04 AM
There was never as much photo reference for any character, the hulk is the most copied and documented character after batman and superdude. The head is lacking structure I think.

Mastoid muscle comes from behind the ear.
The angle of the jaw looks too far forward (at the ear)
No chin.
Eyebrow musculature is probably underdeveloped for the character.
Lips are not sculpted yet.
Ears are flat and a quick google reveals his ears are smaller making him more intense and also increasing his size, its a landmark, anchor thing.
Oh and lots of other stuff.

Face muscles are complex and the neck is a nightmare of crossing cables and how they connect to the skull, face and upper torso is also a royal pain. Make a study and do some sketches to get the structure clearer in your head. Look at untextured head models on here and over at zbrushcentral.

Keep going and keep having fun.
Cheers

weiswayne
05-13-2010, 06:50 PM
thanks for the feedback,
i am currently working on it based on the comments here, hopefully can fix all the problem listed :D
cheers

CGTalk Moderation
05-13-2010, 06:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.