PDA

View Full Version : forming shapes with dynamics

kenguashi
05-12-2010, 05:34 AM
good day everyone!

i'm new to here, and i really hope you all can assist me in this kind request.

i hv been trying out maya dynamics and would like to achieve a result with falling objects from the 'sky' forming a defined shape on the surface they land i.e. alphabets, etc

having looked thru some other guides on this forum, i have understood the possibility of using particles with instancer replacement to substitute my object. the issue here is how do i program the particles/object(rigid body) to fall nicely to form a defined shape? is it with goals that i can achieve the result, because my knowledge so far is that i can define my initial shape with the initial state selection, but no idea with the end state.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Axelson
05-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Yes. goals is one way you can do it.

If you first of all use the particle tool and place single particles where you want for example the letter b to end up. Then use that particle as a goal for a new particle that you create somewhere in your scene. Use that last particle to instance whatever object you want and animate the goal weight and smoothness to acheive the effect you want.

Hope you understand what i mean.

CGTalk Moderation
05-12-2010, 09:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.