PDA

View Full Version : Where can I adjust jiggling for mucles?

tobbew
05-10-2010, 07:08 PM
I have a rig setup with maya muscle. The muscles are created with muscle creator, but they are jiggling way too much during animation. (This is about the jiggling of the muscles themselves, not of the skin based on painted jiggle weights.)

My attempts to find information on the topic has led me to notice that if you are using the simple muscles (muscle builder) instead, you can select different settings for muscle jiggle, but I haven't found those settings neither in the muscle creator or in the attribute editor/channel editor for the muscles themselves. (Ie I find the settings 'dampen on squash/stretch' and 'reset frame', but I'd really like to set the settings 'jiggle', 'cycle', 'rest' (available in the muscle builder) as well.) Where can I find this setting for the muscles created with muscle creator?

Thank you for your help.

tobbew
05-15-2010, 08:46 PM
In case anyone else would in the future have trouble finding them, the attributes are available on the:
grpMuscles|grpMuscleSurfaceMus_<musclename>1|grpMuscleSurfaceMus_<musclename>1Controls1|grpMuscleSurfaceMus_<musclename>1ZERO1|grpMuscleSurfaceMus_<musclename>1AUTO1|grpMuscleSurfaceMus_<musclename>11
and on the other control objects (grpMuscleSurfaceMus_<musclename>11, 21,31 and so on.

Having read the manual I realise why there are options to add them to a master controller for those settings which will be my next step.

CGTalk Moderation
05-15-2010, 08:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.