PDA

View Full Version : maya 2d fluid question~

unaner
05-10-2010, 04:35 PM
how do i make this scence~edit each gravity of emiters in Fluid?http://bbs.hxsd.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=868086&d=1273223631

Derek Wolfe
05-10-2010, 05:59 PM
If you wish to make a fluid fall, rather than rise upwards, set a negative value on buoyancy.
Buoyancy is set on the container, so each emitter for the container will behave the same.

unaner
05-10-2010, 06:45 PM
If you wish to make a fluid fall, rather than rise upwards, set a negative value on buoyancy.
Buoyancy is set on the container, so each emitter for the container will behave the same.

But i have two emitters.If i set a negative value on buoyancy,all the emitters will behave the same path.i want make each emitter do the different path without the same Fluid environment.Like the pic..

Derek Wolfe
05-10-2010, 07:24 PM
I do not see a reference picture.

unaner
05-10-2010, 07:49 PM
I do not see a reference picture.
http://forums.cgsociety.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=153194&stc=1pic like this~ it is kind of u~

Derek Wolfe
05-10-2010, 08:13 PM
If there is no need for interaction, use two containers.
If they must be in the same container, try emitting from an animated geometry that moves along each path to drive the shapes you need.

Duncan
05-10-2010, 08:27 PM
You could make the density buoyancy -1 and the temperature buoyancy 2. (also make temperature dissipation,diffusion,turbulence all zero and make the temperature grid dynamic). Have one emitter emit with zero temperature and the other with. Do a blue red ramp and color and make temperature the input. Make the incandescence ramp all black.

Duncan

unaner
05-11-2010, 07:20 AM
thx a lot!!

unaner
05-11-2010, 07:34 AM
If there is no need for interaction, use two containers.
If they must be in the same container, try emitting from an animated geometry that moves along each path to drive the shapes you need.

two containers can make colide?how can i do this ?^_^

Duncan
05-11-2010, 07:25 PM
You can collide objects with multiply fluids by simply doing make collide for each fluid.
You can't collide two fluids with each other( although it is ambiguous what this would really mean ). However you can use a fluid a field applied to a second fluid, which can allow some interaction. (applying each as a force affecting the other would create a dependency graph loop and might not work well)

In general, however, I would recommend trying to use a single fluid if possible.

Duncan

CGTalk Moderation
05-11-2010, 07:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.