PDA

View Full Version : Halt! Pantomime shot

IestynRoberts
05-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Hello.

I'd love some feedback on my Pantomime shot. Right now it's in blocking (stepped mode). It's suppose to show two different emotions, with a wee gag in there. Click here for the Vimeo link;

Halt! Pantomime Shot (http://www.vimeo.com/9271475)

Any feedback so far would be great, as I'd really love to finish this piece. I'm currently in the process of modelling the little castle that's going to be located behind him, and will have an update on that real soon.

Thanks
- Iestyn

IestynRoberts
05-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Here's a screen grab of the castle/environment so far. It's just going to be real simple scene I think.

oferkapota
05-09-2010, 04:42 AM
Hi,
I think that the animation makes a good first impression, and thats good, but there a few issues I can see.
Some of the key frames can be exaggerated much more: When he first stops, and raises his hand, when he raises his sword, and when he is surprised. These are the story telling moments, and they should be more apparent.
I also think the timing is not 100%. The walk in the beginning and the first stop are very nice, but the drawing of the sword is a bit slow, and the moment he realizes something is wrong and runs away is also timed too slow.

I hope that makes sense, and well done.
Ofer

IestynRoberts
05-09-2010, 05:53 PM
Hey Ofer.

Awesome, thanks a lot for the feedback. I understand what you mean about the story telling poses - I'll go back there and try and push them further.

Also - I'll address the timing. I agree with the run, I want that to have a good comedy feel about it, so faster, and more 'bouncy' should be good there I think.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. Anything else that sicks out?

oferkapota
05-09-2010, 06:23 PM
I don't know what your goal is, but if this is an animation exercise, then concentrate on the animation, and leave the background, since it is not as important.
Im waiting for an update.

CGTalk Moderation
05-09-2010, 06:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.