PDA

View Full Version : Painting UV's and Export to Photoshop

Philly13
05-05-2010, 11:29 PM
Hey everyone, I noticed Mudbox 2011 has a feature that allows you to quickly export your maps to Photoshop to paint on and import back into Mudbox, updating the texture on your model straight away. Is there a feature or plugin like this for Zbrush? Thanks in advance.

RichardMarklew
05-06-2010, 12:01 AM
Use the ZApplink plugin http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/downloadcenter/zplugins/

Richard

Philly13
05-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Richard - Thank you for the info, but I was looking for something to paint the actual UV template of the model, then import that back to ZBrush to be viewed. Unless Zapplink can do this as well, I'm not entirely sure!

RichardMarklew
05-06-2010, 05:42 PM
I would:
Create the UV layout texture.
UV map your object.
Set your texture size in Tool / UV Map
Go to lowest subdivision and turn on frame to enable the UV layout to show in your texture
Use Tool / Texture Map / New from UV Check
Export the texture map
Paint as desired.
Bring back the texture:
Load the new texture in the texture palette and set Texture On
Use txr>Col to apply the texture to the polypaint.

These are for zbrush 3.2 but should be the same in 3.5

Richard

Philly13
05-07-2010, 10:53 AM
Thanks man, worked like a charm. Now I have one last query, is there any good way to import a retopologised mesh over your level 1 mesh in Zbrush? I can do this but it always messes up my model destroying some of the detail. Thanks again for your advice :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-07-2010, 10:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.