PDA

View Full Version : Network rendering not starting.

aroestenburg
05-04-2010, 05:41 AM
Hello all,

I have set up two slave machines to help render out projects. I have followed the steps and so far have had little luck.

The watch_folder is mapped to a drive with full control permission and the render nodes can see this folder. I set up my render settings and output settings and click 'collect files'

the computer takes some time to place all the associated files in share folder (mapped to drive letter S:)

and and the end of this task I see the projects appear BRIEFLY on both render nodes in the AE Render engine window. They pop into the cue momentarily and then disappear, and carry on searching the watch folder?

I don't know what is happening to the jobs?
The image sequence certainly isn't being rendered...

anyone had a similar problem.

I have Backburner for Maya working and have successfully managed to submit render jobs to it from Maya. I have downloaded a script to allow the same functionality out of AE (But this hangs)

any help would be swell.

ajk48n
05-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Check that any fonts you need are available on the slave computers. Also, check the log file (I think it should be in the folder where the project file is). Lastly, go to one of the slave machines, and just open up the project on it. After Effects should pop up a warning message if any footage files are missing, or anything else is off

ernpchan
05-07-2010, 06:14 AM
Also check that you have all the plug-ins you need installed on the slave machines.

aroestenburg
05-10-2010, 03:03 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I've ensured that my Magic Bullet "Looks" plugin is installed across the render nodes. Yet in the watch folder HTML log file it still says "5 effect references are missing. (“Looks”)"

I'll have another go at installing the plug in. but, the bigger issue is this:

"After Effects error: Magic Bullet Looks did not initialize successfully - most likely this is due to insufficient or unsupported graphics hardware on this system. (-1)"

I didn't think the render task would be taxing on the slave machines hardware (other than CPU)
Why would the graphics card be an issue

or is it just a faulty install of the plug in?

Adam.

ernpchan
05-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Have you asked Red Giant? I know with their Trapcode plug-ins you need to install them with a render slave serial number.

CGTalk Moderation
05-13-2010, 10:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.