PDA

View Full Version : Particle Instancer

Zaru
05-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Hi.
I need to populate my scene with some random rubble and garbage. I understand that the best way to achieve this is with particle instancer emitting premade objects. The question I have for you guys is, will it be possible to disconnect the geos from the particle solver when I'm satisfied with their distribution in the scene?

NaughtyNathan
05-03-2010, 12:21 PM
yes. if you use nParticles you can just do: Modify > Convert > nParticles To Polygon but if you use regular particles it is a little trickier. There is a plug-in somewhere that will do it for complex instances (search the autodesk Maya forums here) but if you only have one instanced polygon object you can do it easily with a couple lines of MEL.

:nathaN

Zaru
05-03-2010, 02:33 PM
yes. if you use nParticles you can just do: Modify > Convert > nParticles To Polygon but if you use regular particles it is a little trickier. There is a plug-in somewhere that will do it for complex instances (search the autodesk Maya forums here) but if you only have one instanced polygon object you can do it easily with a couple lines of MEL.

:nathaN
Thank you for your feedback. I use regular particles, but I think I've found the plugin you wrote about. It's called Particle Uninstancer from Nimble Studios it seems to work fine.

CGTalk Moderation
05-03-2010, 02:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.