PDA

View Full Version : Help Help Help!

Boris87
05-02-2010, 11:15 PM
I just finished my model in Maya, and I exported it in .obj. Than I imported it in Zbrush for adding fine details (pores, wrinkles, etc.) and also for texturing. But, than the problem arises...I don't know how to back such fine sculpted and textured model in Maya, and to keep fine details. I want to render that model with Mental Ray. Also I am planing later to animate it also in Motion Builder or Softimage, so I need a good explanation how to make all steps without mistakes. I search the internet, but I couldn't find comprehensive explanation for this immediate problem with exporting to Maya and keep all details. As I say, I will need model and textures for later uses in Softimage or Motion Builder, so it would be good to have good foundation, that will cover all solutions. But for now the most important thing is Zbrush to Maya pipeline. Thanks in advance.

DanielWray
05-03-2010, 02:07 AM
There is a lot of information on the internet. I mean, a lot!

Anyway, to simplify things. You'll want to export a normal map and texture map from Zbrush, export a medium-poly mesh and import this into Maya, then apply the normal map and texture map.

Same thing for the other two applications.

If you want a step-by-step there are the tutorials in the forum sub-sections for these applications and/ or the manuals that come with your software.

ambient-whisper
05-03-2010, 02:21 AM
zbrush has a manual and tutorials on how to get stuff back.. also. if you export you can choose the .ma format. that should solve your issues completely.

Kanga
05-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Help! : give your thread a descriptive title.

Help!: post your thread in the right forum.

Help!: do basic tutorials in zbrush and maya. This stops you from asking these sorts of questions. Do a google search more than once and search zbrush central. Like ambient-whisper says, there is LOADS of information on this and it is pretty easy to find.

Boris87
05-03-2010, 08:48 AM
There is a lot of information on the internet. I mean, a lot!

Anyway, to simplify things. You'll want to export a normal map and texture map from Zbrush, export a medium-poly mesh and import this into Maya, then apply the normal map and texture map.

Same thing for the other two applications.

If you want a step-by-step there are the tutorials in the forum sub-sections for these applications and/ or the manuals that come with your software.

Thank you for help and understanding,

I really search the internet yesterday for whole day, and found good quality tutorials only for old versions of Zbrush, and I can't use it on Zbrush 3.5 R3, so there are useless. I will check sub-forums for step-by step tutorials for my problem.

Boris87
05-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Also I didn't mentioned that I'm using Zbrush 3.5 R3 and Maya 2010, so some tutorials I founded on internet, are for older versions of both programs, and many options are different form new Zbrush so it is impossible to find it and use it.

CGTalk Moderation
05-03-2010, 10:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.