PDA

View Full Version : Problem with rigging character

italianice388
05-02-2010, 10:30 PM
This could be related to IK Handles or joints, but I have a leg joint that when pulled up curves in to the left instead of moving straight up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

doffer
05-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Take a look at this video.
If I understand you question correctly, this is what you're looking for:
http://vimeo.com/8244137

Darksuit
05-03-2010, 04:53 PM
typically when you have an IK that is not moving in a straight line or in one plane it can be due to a couple of reasons.

The first thing to make sure of is that your Perfered angle is set correctly. This should almost always be done prior to setting up the IK. If you didn't thats ok.

Set the IK blend of the IK handle to 0 then select the joint that is being effected. Then in a single axis rotate the joint by 15 degrees in the direction you want the IK to move. Then right click and select set "Perfered Angle".

Once you have your perfered Angle set you can rotate the bone back to its orignal position and set the IK Blend to 1.

The other thing you will want to do is make sure that your Pole Vector Control is in line with your IK. Typically what I will do is Create a control Object snap the object to the elbow or knee. Then move the object out away from the snap point. parent the Object into the Hierarchy then freeze transforms. Once thats it done I will Constrain Pole Vector to the Object. This keep the Pole Vector control in line (same plane) as the IK and helps to prevent any unusal rotations.

italianice388
05-05-2010, 03:39 AM
Thank you guys!

CGTalk Moderation
05-05-2010, 03:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.