PDA

View Full Version : M-Star Shaky

Shkinder23
05-02-2010, 12:08 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/420348_1272802107/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/420348_1272802107/1024bound)I've tried to capture the spirit of Syd Mead's approach and to imagine how it might look like in the future, the starting point for which, is no later than today! And, well, here it is. A highly technological vehicle, which bears the traits of a cutting edge approach to design, while at the same time - a little bit of humor, just not to be too much focused on robots, armageddon and the end of the world=)

TMunro
05-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Cool vehicle but, be careful of including copyrighted material, I imagine they could disqualify an image if the artist doesn't hold the copyright to all parts of it.

Georgie
05-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Wonderful work. Very original (unless I have missed seeing "its predecessors")! One thing bothers me, though. Syd's designs seem to be reasonably "physically-correct" that they look convincing, whereas your current design seems too unbalanced to stand in the way it is portrayed. Why not fix that a little bit? :)

CS1
05-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Alright, I'm gonna be straight up...I love the design
but...
Apart from those characters and WB logo possibly being copyright violations (which will automatically disqualify this image)...I think they do nothing for the vehicle.
Artwork on the paint can sometimes detract from the vehicle's design. Maybe pick a pattern or artwork (original artwork) that compliments the shape and curves on the vehicle...
Also, too much on the smoke effects.
I would love to see it in a scene, like a street race or something, then you can have different ones in different colours.
These are all just suggestions though...In the end, it is all up to you.:)

As for the balancing issue: I think it is possible to stand like this if the vehicle is equipped with a computer that shifts weights in parts of the body, allowing for balance and control (like a gyro or gimbal) Heck, I just saw a youtube video of a robot balancing on a ball, so it is totally possible. :D

Cheers
CS1

MrTheRich
05-10-2010, 07:31 AM
As for the balancing issue: I think it is possible to stand like this if the vehicle is equipped with a computer that shifts weights in parts of the body, allowing for balance and control (like a gyro or gimbal) Heck, I just saw a youtube video of a robot balancing on a ball, so it is totally possible.
i think the cockpit can be moved for weight distribution.

Shkinder23
05-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Guys, I am not going to produce it. But visually it is seem to me convince enough.

mrpeace
05-12-2010, 11:21 AM
The design is good, but as other members pointed out; you better remove those WB characters... It distracts the overall design.

CGTalk Moderation
05-12-2010, 11:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.