PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS5 or CS5 extended for game texturing?

Bouke285
05-01-2010, 02:35 AM
Hi, I currently own the student version of photoshop cs4 extended and found out that I can get Cs5 commercial for the normal upgrade price. around $350 for extended and $199 for normal. My question is this are the features added in CS5 extended of any use to a game texture artist in any way whatsoever? I own Zbrush so i wouldn't be using cs5 for any 3d texturing unless they added some really cool new features to it. I can either buy CS5 next week, or wait about 4 weeks and pay almost twice as much for extended is it worth it? Thanks

Bouke285
05-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Any tips here? or should I move it to the photoshop section?

Vertex Groover
05-03-2010, 03:37 PM
If you're 3D painting in Zbrush then its probably not worth the upgrade just yet.

Can't say I know all the features of the student version compared to the extended edition, But I'm still using CS3 at work and home and see no real reason to upgrade to CS4, let alone CS5.

But hey, thats my take, I could be missing out on something. :)

Yorgo12345
05-31-2010, 02:44 AM
The biggest reason for me upgrading to the latest version of PS was that it now supports painting directly on the 3D model.

but like VG said, if you're doing that in Zbrush, that might not mean much to you..

..still, PS CS5 kicks booty!! it has some killer features..

CGTalk Moderation
05-31-2010, 02:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.