PDA

View Full Version : FXWars! TRON TRIBUTE !: Doug Holder, Rez FX, "High Rez"

netsu
04-30-2010, 09:16 PM
I am entering this FX War with the hope of creating an awesome version of the Rez effect. Let's see how this goes.

netsu
05-03-2010, 01:33 AM
This is a rough storyboard of where I want to go with the Rez Effect.
The storyboard breaks down like this.

1. Establishing shot:
We see the environment modeled very closely to the Tron Legacy FX Test trailer.

2. The Pixel Cube:
In this shot the first of many cubic pixels enters the frame. The camera will move back to reveal a swarm of these cubic pixels.

3. Beginning Formation:
The cubic pixel begin to form the shape of the skeleton. The human skeleton is formed from a bunch of these cubic pixels.

4. Arm Formation:
In this shot the camera cuts to a closeup of an arm being formed by the cubic pixels.

5. Heart Build:
Here the hart is being built from a liquid. The circulatory system is comprised of this liquid.

6. Respiratory Build:
Like the previous shot the respiratory system is built from a smoke like fluid.

7. Muscle System:
There an an energy line that begins to mesh all of the parts together. This pass also build a muscle system on the components as the camera rotates around the effect.

6. Muscle Complete:
As the camera rotates 180 the muscle system is complete and the second pass begins to build.

7. Final Pass:
This shot has the final build rezzing in. This is just a simple effect to tie the whole thing together.

The idea here is that the world of Tron has evolved. So to has the effect of rezzing. The person becomes comprised of digital organic components to become a living breathing creature within the world of Tron.

KielFiggins
05-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Wow! Thats gonna be a slew of vfx and elemental tie in with all the pixelation and fluid work, all layered on a character animation.

Excited to see this one develop.

netsu
05-03-2010, 11:57 PM
It is quite an amount of FX. I have the environment done and have been setting up the shots with the particle system. I am moving on to the fluid sims. I really want to work on the camera work for this because it's something that I really lack on most of my sims. There likely wont be any character animation as I am terrible at it. I have a human model I am using and it is basically just posed. The real difficulty will be the final mesh. I don;t have a model of that yet and if not done well it could really leave the whole thing lacking.

netsu
05-09-2010, 08:09 AM
This is a rough timeline I have put together of the intended FX. It strays from the storyboards a bit but the storyboards are just a guide. The beginning shot has a bright orb that releases the pixel particles. In final comp the white sphere will be a glowing orb with some rgb distortion so use your imagination here. The particles begin to build the skeleton and then we see them building one of the arms. We then see the heart and vascular system being formed from a liquid. The shot then cuts to a medium closeup of the skeleton finishing it's build with the vascular system built out as well. Then we see the muscles system build. In the playblast the muscle system is visible the whole time but in render it is only visible where the fluid is emitting from. The idea is that the muscle system is being almost, burned in leaving a smokey discharge into the air. I don't have the final shot yet because I do not have a model for the final shot. I will be working on the effect for it I just don;t have it yet. There will be a lot of things happening in comp but this is just a rough timeline of where things will go and the basic timing. I am not happy with some of the camera work so I will be refining that as well.

Rough-Timeline (http://sevlar.com/doug/Rough-Timeline_01.mov)

KielFiggins
05-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Looks crazy man! Really excited to see how this progresses.

CGTalk Moderation
05-09-2010, 04:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.