PDA

View Full Version : Fluids rendering problem

hellspawned
04-29-2010, 11:46 PM
I have a scene with a city getting hit by massive artillery shelling, missiles with particle trails, buildings getting torn apart and so on. Quite a heavy scene, in other words.

I've set up fluid systems at each individual hit to simulate the explosions and tweaked them so that they look like they should.

Here comes the problem: When i try to render it with the whole scene showing, using MR, the fluids wont show.

On the other hand, when i render the scene with only the fluids and the base city geometry showing, having hidden away the particle trails from the projectiles, the sky, the spotlight i use as a main lighting source and all auxiliary models, the fluids render properly. Also, while having everything showing but using render region on that specific part of the frame, it also renders properly. But not when i try to render the whole frame.

Edit: Further testing with hiding individual objects showed me that the problem seemed to lie with having several fluid systems in the same scene.

Why's this happening? How, if possible, can i sort it out?

hellspawned
04-30-2010, 06:44 AM
Problem resolved. It seems, for some reason, some of the fluid systems i had created were sharing the same fluidshape-node, which caused the problem. All's fine now :)

CGTalk Moderation
04-30-2010, 06:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.