PDA

View Full Version : Adaptive skin too detailed

adrencg
04-29-2010, 04:43 PM
After retopologizing, is there a way to make the Adaptive skin's lowest level the same as the new topology? When I create the skin, level 1 is about 3 times more polys that I wanted.

I'm looking to have it at the exact same level as the retopo.

adrencg
04-29-2010, 08:24 PM
never mind. I'm stupid.

I found out that I had the PreSubdiv level at 4 when making adaptive skin. This subdivided my new skin by 4 on creation, I'm assuming.

adrencg
04-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Ok, there's something I'm just not understanding...

Once I've made an Adaptive skin with varying levels of detail, from the blocky base -- all the way up to the highly sculpted top level, what is the next step to get displacement maps?

I can't make a displacement map unless It use MakePolyMesh3d first. But, if I do that, I lose all levels of subdivision, except the one I was on at time of freezing.

How do you get from Adaptive skin(from retopology) to the point where displacement maps can be made from it?

Can someone explain? I'm a newb at the program, but loving it so far, and this has been a huge sticking point for me.

CGTalk Moderation
04-29-2010, 08:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.