PDA

View Full Version : Character rig crashes scene after being built?

woadiestyol
04-28-2010, 09:34 PM
Hey all,

Wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone had experienced something similar. I'm building a bipedal character procedurally with Python/PyMEL, and am having a very odd problem where the scene will eventually crash after the rig is built. Not while the build is happening, but at some random point that could be seconds or minutes after the build is finished.

I'm watching my memory and I don't see Maya gobbling any more memory, and I'm 99.9% sure I don't have any infinite loops happening in the script. The other thing is that I can save the character right after it's built, close and reopen Maya and reopen the file, and it will still eventually crash. It doesn't necessarily crash while I'm working in Maya either - I open the file, and let it sit there without touching it, and a few minutes later it will crash. Sometimes there is no warning - Maya just disappears. Sometimes I get the error that Maya is trying to save a temp file.

This problem wasn't happening earlier while I was working on the script...it kind of crept up on me as something I dismissed as typical Maya fishiness until it started getting more frequent.

I'm on XP 64, Maya 2009 64. I've tried building the same character on a different machine (but with the same hardware) - same result.

I'm not sure what's causing the problem, but I'm desperately looking for a solution. Has anyone had issues like this before? Any ideas as to what could be happening?

Thanks!!!

-JP

CGTalk Moderation
04-28-2010, 09:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.