PDA

View Full Version : Selective Subdivision?

TekGecko
04-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Hey,
I have almost finished a base mesh of a Batman head I am trying to make in 3DS Max. I would now like to bring the model into Zbrush for detailing. The only problem that I am having is that when I subdivide the mesh it obviously subdivides the nose which I do not want it do do as it takes away the sharp nose that Batman's cowl has. I would however still like to smooth the nose but I need to keep some of the sharpness. I have attached a couple of screenies to show what I mean. Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Sam.
(Please note the base mesh is not completely finished. The first image shows the Max version of the file and the second shows the subdivided one in Zbrush.)
(I've also added another picture of the finished model, another question, do I need to model all the parts in Max at once or can I model them and detail them separately and then assemble the pieces back in Max?)

CGTalk Moderation
04-28-2010, 08:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.