PDA

View Full Version : 2D Fluid Texture, Maya 2011

Narater
04-28-2010, 05:12 PM
How do I connect a image sequence file to a 2d fluid texture so it becomas a particle emission texture?
I want so the particles are Density and Fuel.

/Cheers!

Duncan
04-28-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm not sure what you are asking.

To texture particle emission with an image sequence, simply texture the particle emitter with a file texture with an animated extension.

To instead texture particle emission with a fluid texture, map the emission with a fluid texture2d and drive the opacity of the fluid(opacity input) with whatever fluid grid quantity you wish to affect the emission.

If you wish to additionally emit from a sequence of images into your fluid texture then texture your fluid emitter( not the particle emitter ) with a file texture with an animated extension. One thing to note... don't use an omni emitter because it has no sense of uv( although I now think we should perhaps use the uv of the 2d fluid). Instead use a volume emitter and rotate it 90 degrees in X so that the texture projection points down into the 2d fluid. Make the fluid dropoff zero to catch the full texture.

That can be a bit confusing in your case. But basically each emitter type has its own way of deriving uvs to pass to the emission texture. Surface emitters get the uvs from the surface, volumes define different projections based on the volume type, curves emitters map u along the curve but have v at a constant.
(note that none of the above was possible in earlier versions of Maya)

One other possibility is to emit from particles into a fluid... select the particles and the fluid and do fluid->emit from object. Then set the fluid emitter to emit fuel or whatever.

Duncan

Narater
05-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks Duncan.

Creating a 2D container with Volume emitter and connecting the image sequence's outAlpha to densityEmission map worked out great.

Cheers!

CGTalk Moderation
05-01-2010, 12:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.