PDA

View Full Version : Compositing Pipeline

Micah-H
04-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Hey,

I am looking to do a composite with live action footage, I would like to insert text blocks into footage in dynamic ways.

the software I have to use is:
3d: maya or cinema 4d
tracking: boujou
compositing: after effects

What I would like to know is the pipeline for how I should work.

This is how I think it should go,
1. import footage into boujou
2. export to 3d
3. create text animations, etc
4. export to after effects

I know that is very simply put, but I need somewhere to start.

Thanks, Micah

Micah-H
04-29-2010, 03:10 AM
allright I captured the footage I would like to use, now I have to track it using Boujou. I have read around and I think this shot will be difficult to track, is that true? Can I use the auto track?

footage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-dPq-Y3BC4)

ANYONE?

-micah

Muft
04-30-2010, 06:34 AM
I think this footage no so hard to track. I dont have big experience in Boujou, but in PFTrack it can be tracked with auto track + 1 or 2 manual tracker))
About your pipeline i think, (Maya/C4D+Boujou+AE) it works great)) subjective sentiment:)

Micah-H
05-01-2010, 01:06 AM
Thanks Tigran.

when I strictly auto track, I am getting no sense of a ground plane, how could I manually change that?

Muft
05-01-2010, 12:33 PM
I do not have experience with Boujou matchmoving, but in all this programs work same methods.
After autotrack you must solve your scene)) after that only you can see your 3d scene+grid+...)) after that you can improve your tracked scene with some manual trackers;)
Do not forget mask out moving objects before start tracking))

Micah-H
05-01-2010, 08:01 PM
ill give it a go and report back

Micah-H
05-03-2010, 12:08 AM
ok so I got it all figured out now I just need to pick some manual points, do you have any suggestions of points that would be good to consider manually?

Muft
05-03-2010, 12:32 AM
You must select those points, that have better visibility and parallax))
Like cableposts or cars near the road:)

CGTalk Moderation
05-03-2010, 12:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.