PDA

View Full Version : different normal question

mahamb
04-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Hi there :rolleyes:
here is my question :p
i have a high poly detailed model and a low poly model from it that made from high poly model by Decimation master plugin in zbrush
now how can i bake a normal map from high poly object on the low poly object in zbrush actually normal map from one object on another :shrug:
i know render to texture can do that but there is some problem like u cant import the highest level of ur detailed object in max or render to texture is a little trashy
if there is no way in zbrush plz tell me another way if u know i will appreciate it very much
uvs can be same or different
thanks

ezekiel66
04-27-2010, 03:22 PM
i have a high poly detailed model and a low poly model from it that made from high poly model by Decimation master plugin in zbrush

You have deleted all the lower subdivision levels from your highpoly object?

Create UVs for the lowpoly object (e.g. using UV master), create a new scene, import the highpoly object, with the highpoly object file open import the lowpoly object with UVs (simply click the import button again and select the lowpoly object) and transfer the details. Switch to the lowest subdivision level and create the normal map.

Alternatively, use xnormal (http://www.xnormal.net/1.aspx) to create the normal map. You'll have to export both the lowpoly and the highpoly objects as obj files and import them into xnormal.

Of course, even when using Decimation Master, depending on the settings, the lowpoly object still has a relatively high poly count. Also the topology of the "lowpoly" object will obviously be seriously messed up. The normal map you will create using the method above will only be suitable for the decimated object that is not really usable for anything but reference outside of zbrush.

Instead of using Decimation Master, you might want to retopologize your model instead. You can use Zbrush for this, or topogun (http://www.topogun.com).

mahamb
04-27-2010, 03:38 PM
OMG i get it .. thank u very very much :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

designingpatrick
08-05-2010, 05:16 AM
Are you saying that you can't use normal maps which were generated with a standard quad mesh on a decimated mesh?

CGTalk Moderation
08-05-2010, 05:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.