PDA

View Full Version : Need some guiding!

Asi228
04-27-2010, 10:21 AM
Hello, My name is Asi and I'm 23 years old. I live in Israel, and I just got out of 3 years in the Israeli Army. My dream has always been to be a 3D animator. I've always loved to draw, but I've never taken formal classes. I also started experimenting with Photoshop recently. I applied to Ringling and SCAD (starting fall 2010) and got accepted to both, but with no scholarship opportunities, and unlike the American Army, the Israeli Army doesn't help with my tuition.
I've read most of the posts concerning this issue, but I have a few questions of my own. What do I need to focus on to make this happen? I definitely need some kind of scholarship. I have some money saved up, but it's not close to the amount I need to pay a year's tuition. I have no problem taking loans, but I don't want to be in debt for the rest of my life. I feel like if I could get at least a partial scholarship from either institution, I can somehow manage the rest. My GPA and SAT aren't very good, so that leaves me the artistic based scholarship. I would very much appreciate any specific guidelines on what I should aim for. What is the committee ultimately looking at when awarding scholarships?

MrConterno
04-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Well first off between the two schools I'd say go to Ringling, I have visited that school many times I even know two of the teachers they definitely got their stuff together. I can't say much about SCAD as far as scholarships go but at Ringling they do give some that have to do with good grades (during school not before) and I know they hold art shows and stuff and give the winners money. But other than that they don't give much :/.

And a note on loans, if you work your butt off you could get hired at Dreamworks or Pixar right after school. I know those guys make a real pretty penny so paying off your loans wouldn't be to hard.

Good luck on your schooling and congrads on getting accepted to two of the best schools in the world.

CGTalk Moderation
04-28-2010, 01:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.