PDA

View Full Version : Render settings

VTeixeira
04-27-2010, 03:42 AM
Hello everyone.
I'm trying to render out my animation to DVD and for web. When I mean for web it's for my website.
Could you give me some tips about the best way to achieve the best results if possible.
Really appreciate the help.
Thanks.
My best at the moment was with quick time (png compression).
Cheers

VTeixeira
04-27-2010, 03:54 AM
For example, what type of compression is used for the qualities in the tv Shows that we usually download. Like lost, house, etc etc.
An 720p HDTV usually as at the maximum 1.2GB
How is this usually done?

Mylenium
04-27-2010, 06:12 AM
I recommend you do some general searching on matters of using H.264. This issue has been literally discussed to death on pretty much any forum and there is no need to start a whole new thread about it. Also simply read the relevant help (http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0/WS3878526689cb91655866c1103a4f2dff7-79f5a.html) section again. while it may not give you all the secrets, it will provide enough info to get you started.

Mylenium

VTeixeira
04-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Thanks matte.
Cheers

Johndy
05-03-2010, 06:56 AM
I think if you want to go with HD sizes and still want to keep the sizes small for web, you should definitely go with H264 or FLV. H264 is widely used and is currently being used by Youtube for the HD standard. As with any codec that has many quality settings, you should experiment with these settings to get the product you want. No matter how you look at it if you want a small file size you will have to sacrifice something. The areas you will sacrifice will be either color, resolution, frame rate...etc. Personally, for web stuff, I tend to sacrifice frame rate rather than loose color or resolution quality.....

Hope this helps. I just didn't want to send you somewhere else for info as you specifically posted a question here and not somewhere else....

Johndy

VTeixeira
05-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Thanks Johndy
really appreciate the help.
Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
05-03-2010, 02:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.