PDA

View Full Version : Schooling Dilema

SweetLou
04-27-2010, 03:28 AM
i am living in southern Ontario Canada and am looking for a school with a good 3d arts and animation program. sadly im not finding many, Do you guys know of any good schools in the area?

thanks for your time

SenecaAnimation
04-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Hi SweetLou,

Seneca college offers a couple of courses that may suit your needs. We have a 3 year under graduate diploma which focuses the first 2 years on core drawing and classical animation. The third year you get to branch off into Game Art and Animation (Max, and mostly asset creation), or 3D Animation (Maya, with a strong focus on character animation).

We also offer post graduate courses in Visual Effects for Film and Television, Game Art and Animation, and 3D Animation.

There are a fair number of schools in around the GTA. Some others you should look into are Sheridan, Centennial, and Humber.

Here is a thread I started which has a number of questions and answers about Seneca.

Link (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=285&t=746904)

I hope that helps.

Sincerely,

SweetLou
04-28-2010, 06:33 PM
sweet, thank you

Ive looked at Sheridan and i am not very good at drawing, so i doubt i could provide a good enough portfolio

SenecaAnimation
05-04-2010, 02:08 AM
Hey Lewis,

The reality is that any good school is going to ask for a portfolio. A school that values their reputation, and their graduates will screen applicants based on visual arts backgrounds. You will find some that don't, and they may not be as interested in your education as they are your tuition.

If you have any questions about Seneca, or what you may need/should do to prepare for a job in CG, I may be able to give some advice.

Sincerely,

Oiban
07-12-2010, 06:47 PM
What if you do good Cg but are bad at drawing? I'm having the portfolio issue a lot, I know anatomy I can sculpt a body in zbrush (thought I can improve a lot thats why I want to go to a school) I know color theory I can polypaint, texture many things, I know ho to animate, I animate for a living right now, but I can't draw. And if oyu want to be a TD? do you still need to draw or your CG portfolio might be enough to prove you're worth for the program?

CGTalk Moderation
07-12-2010, 06:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.