PDA

View Full Version : uv maps different went bringing into max

Debneyink
04-26-2010, 09:23 PM
i got my displace maps and everything exported in zbrush opened up max applyed them but the uv is different. so to test this i drew color areas on my maps and applyed them in zbrush they looked fine. but when exporting it all again in to max theyre wrong...what am i missing ? is it in the import obj settings?

ezekiel66
04-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Did you create the UVs in Zbrush? What do you mean by "UVs are wrong/ different"? How are they different? Post screenshots of the UV layouts.

When you go to the lowest subdivision level of your object that has UVs, create the displacement map, export the same object using the lowest subdivision level as an obj, import that same lowpoly obj into max and apply the displacement map to it the map does not fit the object?

Debneyink
04-27-2010, 12:02 PM
yeah 'wrong' is not the best explanation!

however ive just worked it out. yeah i did my mapping in zbrush uvmaster

when im applying them to my mesh in max in the materials slot i set the u tile to 1.0 and the v to -1.0

it seems to work. not sure why but it does...

ja4161
04-29-2010, 06:25 PM
Zbrush flips the uv's by default, though I'm not sure why. All you have to do to fix this is to flip them back in Zbrush before exporting. Alternatively, you can just flip them in Max the way you have.

CGTalk Moderation
04-29-2010, 06:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.