PDA

View Full Version : how do I make a loop or create blending in fire sim with maya fluids?

viki164
04-26-2010, 06:50 AM
hello all!
I have 7000 frame long fireplace shot with some camera moves in it. I tried runing 400 frames of fire sim & I cached it & then I split it in two parts in trax editor with the split tool.Now what I am trying here is to blend these two cache which are overlapping for around 15 frames.
I am trying to create a blend between these two cache but it fails to do.
I read the doc & it says by default ncache cerates a blend between two overlapping cache with a weight of 1 but visually it doesnt look blended when I try to run the cached sim.
I tried tweaking it with graph editor but no success. has anyone tried loooping fire sim or any fluid sim yet?
Ntrax editor is cool but I am not able to find a way to loop it or else I`ll end up creating a loop in COMP which I want to avoid at these moment.
any help in this regard is highly appreciated.
thanks!
Vik

DJ_
04-26-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm sorry if I misunderstood your question but it "sounded" as you tried to do the blending in the trax editor only.

I think that what it says in the help is that you attach 2 cache nodes to the fluid and then you get automatically a "cache blend" node to play with. That one blends them mathematically (or at least is supposed to...)

If that was what you were describing in your question, then I don't know of anything else.

viki164
04-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Yes Its says tht it create a blend automatically & on top of that one can tweak the weight values of those ncache node but I couldn't find it working for me.
Actually I couldn't find a way to blend 2 different ncache nodes so I went spliting one cache node into two & tried to create a blend.
still I dont have any luck!

tpalamar
04-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Hey viki164,

What values were you trying to blend together on the nCache node? You should be able to turn one off and then turn the other one to see a difference. If not then Maya isn't recognizing the cache files.

viki164
04-26-2010, 06:18 PM
you mean the weight values of the ncache node?
I am setting it from 1 to 0.5 coz if I make it zero then it wont read the cache at all.
I am trying to blend density,temp,velocity & color of what I have created a cache.
I find a jump between the overlapping cache files whereas I am expecting it should give smooth transition between the two cache but it aint happening in that way.
So I am kind off little balnk here can't think of what else to try.
thanks much tpalamar for replying to me.
Vik

tpalamar
04-26-2010, 08:26 PM
Oh I gotcha ya, I thought you were not getting a reaction at all.

CGTalk Moderation
04-26-2010, 08:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.