PDA

View Full Version : Maya and vue xtream realtime display

mballom
04-26-2010, 02:07 AM
Hi,

I am testing the xtream 8 PLE on Maya 2010 and so far i find their integration to be a nice and promising idea.

I need to run an IPR everytime i want to see my scene as it really looks like. This makes realtime positionning of other assets in my scene a real trial.

I would like to know if it's possible to have a better real time vue of the elements (sky, sea, ecosystems, etc)?

Thank you

aroestenburg
05-03-2010, 02:05 AM
I second this query ,

I have created a Vue scene and now would like to integrate it within Maya. I need to geo reference areas of the terrain so as to place infrastructure and animated objects in specific locations.

I bought the "Ignus Fatus Maya VuexStream" integration DVD which helped a lot, but for his purpose of flying a plane around the sky, it did really matter where they were.

any help.

Adam. :banghead:

PS: Do 3DsMax users have the advantage of better terrain, eco, environment UI representation?

Linden-Stirk
05-27-2010, 02:36 AM
I feel that 3ds Max works a lot better in general with Vue xStream. I've posted several things on the forum about problems in Vue xStream / Maya integration. Maya seems to crash a lot with even small Vue files.

As for geo-referencing, usually I just import an obj (whether from 3ds Max, Maya, or whatever) into Vue standalone so I can visualize the layout. Then, when it comes time to open the Vue scene in 3ds Max, I delete the reference object. As far as I'm aware, you can also import animations into Vue so you can see how objects would react in the environment.

P.S. The shelf in Maya for Vue xStream is a lot more handy than 3ds Max's layout.

CGTalk Moderation
05-27-2010, 02:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.