PDA

View Full Version : AK - 47 Game Model

NautalusX
04-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Critique please.

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab76/NautalusX/ALL/258.png

NautalusX
05-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Ok, I'm sorry the image was taken down. Had a little problem with photobucket, but it's all fixed now. Please critique this, it's my first model with all 3 maps diffuse normal spec. I've only done diffuse models in the past.

Shadowofamn
05-06-2010, 05:22 AM
A black bg might not be a good choice to present this, I would think a gray bg would be more suitable.

The texture looks good in general but some part can be done better. For example the wooden handle, the hand usually will be holding the bottom half part and wear out most of it first. From your render your top looks brighter and not much wear from the bottom. Could be the lights.

The shoulder stock is worn out down a line through the middle, I would widen the wears more. Overall it looks good.

moxy3d
06-03-2010, 10:26 PM
I don't have much criticism to add since I personally love the model you've created here. The diffuse textures are top notch, and so are the specular and bump maps. It really gives the illusion that the stock has been worn from being used by a gunman. Great job here. :)

Pdude2K7
06-06-2010, 08:55 PM
It looks alright as a 3rd person model, but for a first person the metal doesnt really look all that great, and the weapon doesnt seem that detailed.
I might be wrong though, could you post a high resolution shot from the first person perspective?

Cronium
06-13-2010, 07:46 AM
Hi,
Could you also post a picture of the model without the texture and the wireframe? It looks like you have some shading problems making the model look a bit "mushy". Please, also post the texture maps so we can help you more with the texturing.

stuh505
06-14-2010, 06:27 PM
It's not really what I'd call an AK47...the AK47 has a full wood stock and wood grips. You've given it a folding stock which makes it an AK47S. However you've also put AK74 handgrip and foregrip on it, so this is really a amalgamation of 3 different guns.

The AK47S folding stock doesn't usually look quit like that either, it is more curved and is hollow inside allowing it to fold underneath the gun with a handgrip going through the buttstock. Also, the AK74 grip looks a bit too small.

TanksaLegend
06-21-2010, 12:22 AM
However you've also put AK74 handgrip and foregrip on it, so this is really a amalgamation of 3 different guns.

The AK47S folding stock doesn't usually look quit like that either, it is more curved and is hollow inside allowing it to fold underneath the gun with a handgrip going through the buttstock.

^Exactly. My first thought was that the stock was too straight coming off of the receiver. The stock is more at an angle, to compensate for the distance between the shooter's shoulder and eye. At this point (since you have "wood" looking AK74 grips) I'd remove the stock and replace it with either the AK74 full or folding stock.

CGTalk Moderation
06-21-2010, 12:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.