PDA

View Full Version : How to keep a particle animation after I re-open the scene?

Qual
04-25-2010, 05:06 PM
I used the Visor tab and used the: Fluid Examples > Fire > TurbulentFlame
I play the animation till frame 15 and from that point I did some tweaks (rotation/scale etc....)

Now I want to keep frame 15 when I open the Maya scene with all the different changes without clicking on the Play button for the animation!

The probleme I have now is when I open the Maya project after I close it the animation dosn't work and all the things I did before are gone.

How to fix this probleme? Freeze something?

Qual
04-25-2010, 05:09 PM
try setting initial state on your fluid container

Where exactly I can find that? No idea what it means and where to look? Would be great and thank you for the quick reply :)

mandark1011
04-25-2010, 05:13 PM

Qual
04-25-2010, 05:16 PM

Where exactly I can find that? No idea what it means and where to look? Would be great and thank you for the quick reply

Qual
04-25-2010, 05:31 PM
I found it and it works when I repon the file (it have same look) (Maya dynamics tab> Fluid Effects> Set initial state)

But the next problem is: if I want to make a other particle in the scene and I need to click "Play" animation and go the the exactly same frame where I put initial state it will be not the same :sad:

How to solve this? (I'm confused)

mandark1011
04-25-2010, 06:42 PM
initial state implies that that is where your system will start its sim from. Another particle or fluid means another cache. Basically you will need to play with your sim settings until you are happy with the results over time then cache the files so they can be scrubbed and wont change behavior afterwards... the help docs and cgtalk threads are a great resource if you are just beginning in dynamics...good luck to you.

Qual
04-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Okay, I will do more research on cgtalk, thank you for your respons :)

CGTalk Moderation
04-25-2010, 07:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.