PDA

View Full Version : Water Simulation

galeru
04-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Hey guys i'm trying to make a simulation of water running in a sink or bath.

I do not have Realflow so this must be done in Maya does anyone have any ideas of how to do it or any tutorials for Tap Water Simulation

Thnx

tpalamar
04-24-2010, 09:41 PM
Sure, but first what version of Maya are you running? Are you trying to fill the tub with water?

nParticles are what you want to use. Filling a tub though will require a lot particles so you might need to do some cheats. For instance you could have the faucet emitting nParticles and then have a pond rise up through the bottom of the tub (cutting through the geometry) to fake the effects of it filling.

galeru
04-25-2010, 12:25 AM
Currently running 2009

These options sound great. The water does not need to animate filling up I was thinking to have a volume of water and then have water running from the faucet into this and have the water penetrat and make ripples as it would in reality.

Baths tend to take a while to fill so for a few seconds shot the water level would pretty much stay the samem however if you have some ideas i would love to add animation for a sing to fill up.

So one where the water level did not move and one where it did would be awesome.

thanks tpalamar i look forward to hearing you solutions.

tpalamar
04-25-2010, 03:00 PM
For a sink, I think that is what you meant to type, you could do all nParticles. Make the particles kinda large and then convert them to geometry. Geometry is expensive but I think its worth it for the effect.

galeru
04-25-2010, 05:50 PM
how would you make particles penetrate a water surface and have bubbles?

CGTalk Moderation
04-25-2010, 05:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.