PDA

View Full Version : can we change background in zbrush ?

vins2010
04-24-2010, 07:00 PM
hey guys i was just wondering if we can import a jpeg image as a background or simply change the default background color of zbrush?? though i imported an image by going in document menu n then import but we can't work on a model then..coz the moment i click on edit the image vanishes....

RichardMarklew
04-24-2010, 08:10 PM
You can change the document background colour in the Document palette and Preferences palette.

Richard

vins2010
04-25-2010, 09:17 AM
hey buddy thanks a lot for the help.. but actually i was trying to change the default[black & white] canvas color..from document palette i can only edit the black and white gradient but not actually the color.. and from preferences i could only change the icon and palette color of the zbrush but i didnt know that either so it still helped ...thanks again...

ezekiel66
04-26-2010, 12:28 PM
h.from document palette i can only edit the black and white gradient but not actually the color..

Of course you can. Choose the color you want for your background as your "Main color" (color chip on the default left panel), then click on the button labeled "Back" in the Document menu. If you don't want a gradient as your background color change the "Range" slider (directly below the "Back" button) to 0. If that is not what you want explain yourself. I don't get it.

If you want an image in the viewport background you have to load it as an image plane. Click on "Texture" -> "Image Plane" -> "load image". If there is no "Image Plane" entry in this menu you have to download the plugin from the Pixologic Download Center (http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/downloadcenter/zplugins/). It's free.

vins2010
04-26-2010, 01:44 PM
hey thanks alot buddy ...thats exactly wat i wanted... i just didnt know that i need to adjust color from the color palette for the background also lol :-D

CGTalk Moderation
04-26-2010, 01:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.