PDA

View Full Version : about the ecosystem

Longly
04-23-2010, 08:45 PM
:bowdown:
..these days i did so many studies about VUE. but can find a great solution for much faster workflow. i wonder if the Vue calculates the instead of ecosystem that outside the camera?is there a way can populate the instead like the camera projection? can place the instead after calculating the range of view from camera?

Johnkokk
04-24-2010, 08:15 AM
If i understand correctly your question there are 2 ways to do that.

1.Manual.You can paint the ecosystem yourself, putting the instances only where the camera sees.

2.Dynamic.If you make your ecosystem to populate dynamically, then it will only put instances where the camera sees.To do that you have to check the apropriate option "Dynamic Population"

Longly
04-24-2010, 09:05 AM
If i understand correctly your question there are 2 ways to do that.

1.Manual.You can paint the ecosystem yourself, putting the instances only where the camera sees.

2.Dynamic.If you make your ecosystem to populate dynamically, then it will only put instances where the camera sees.To do that you have to check the apropriate option "Dynamic Population"

does Dynamic population mean populate the instead just when rendering? i will try , thanks!

AFalk
04-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Or, you could have the best of both by using Camera Projection to set up a dynamic alpha (driven by said cam projection) for the distribution channel of your regular (non 'dynamic') ecosystem. That way when you populate your main eco, it will only populate in the camera view. This will be a Huge savings in resources :)

CGTalk Moderation
04-24-2010, 04:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.