PDA

View Full Version : Maya Dynamics simulation with Renderman Proxy

ajhanson1
04-23-2010, 06:10 PM
I am creating a cluster of spainish moss for a RenderMan Class. This uses a large series of around 1000 cubes that are then replaced by a rib archive containing a vine geometry. It replaces using two different resolutions depending on how large the object is on screen. I am now trying to determine the best way to animated these objects. Obviously keyframing isn't reasonable. I have been told cloth doesn't work well either. Although it is time consuming, I have decided hair simulations would work well.

I have set up a basic chain animation using a simple skeleton. I then set up a curve with a hair dynamic simulation. I created a ik Spline to connect the skeleton to the hair. This made the cubes (proxies) move the way I expected them too. However when rendering the proxies were replaced in the neutral placement rather than where the cubes are during the simulation. I left the hair visible and can see it in its new position. If I remove the readArchive from the pre shape mel I can see the cubes in their expected possition.

Has anyone solved this problem?

noizFACTORY
04-27-2010, 08:06 AM
Are you, by any chance, freeze tranforming your ribboxes? If the transform values on the rib boxes are (0, 0, 0) or whetever the original position values are form where they were baked, then they'll render at their original position.

-Sachin

CGTalk Moderation
04-27-2010, 08:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.