PDA

View Full Version : NINJAS, The Short Movie !

Pane
04-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Hi everyone, that's a new short movie, i made with my 2 co-workers, i hope you'll like it !

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/7599/ninjasit.jpg (http://img192.imageshack.us/i/ninjasit.jpg/)

you can also watch it on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GHya1ClkNo)

1980, an old videocassette starts. In an anonymous building, Lee, by the light of a candle, is meditating. The quiet of the night is soon perturbed by mysterious shadows running through the city. Udenaga is soon here... The ultimate fight for the Ninja force can begin.

CREDITS

a YOANN DURAND -YANNICK SROUSSI & JULIEN LENOURY film

sound design by ADENA

music by PAUL HERTZOG

support us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ninjas/111631625534604?ref=search&sid=651388993.1011707411..1) and see all of our artworks on deviant Art (http://boom-bros.deviantart.com)

Thanx for watching !

MVDB
04-23-2010, 02:59 PM
I think this is looking very good! Really love the beginning with the contrast of ninja's aproaching and him being uber relaxed (nice). Great way of telling us, what will happen..

Again, looks great!

marul
04-23-2010, 03:17 PM
I really liked the feel of the movie, you succesfully captured the 80's trash movies (i'm not sure they are called that) and the soundtrack was really awesome. I hope you take this project to another level and tell us Lee's story.

Pane
04-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Thanx for your comments guys ! :) i'm really happy that you noticed the 80's and the feeling that we tryed to do :)

tuovni
04-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Reminds me the last movie of teenager muntant ninja turtles.

Very nice the main picture...I want to see the movie too.

mrtprodz
04-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Awesome work, really loved the animation and overall look.
Sweet camera movement too, at 2:44 I would have swear it's
a Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) reference :D

Fantastic job!

Linden-Stirk
04-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Great work! And I love the music. :thumbsup: How long did it take you guys to do from start to finish?

Pane
04-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Thanx for all your good comments guys !! :) It took us about 3 month, but it's difficult to know exactly :)

ksharp25
04-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Hahaha! I loved the 80s throwback and I agree with the rest you really captured that essence to the look and feel. The music I have not heard in years, and now it makes me want to watch "Bloodsport" again :). Sorry if I just ruined it by knowing where it came from haha.

I guess critique wise, the only things that bothered me were some of the animation mechanics. As a animation student myself and an aspiring Character Animator, the part that stuck out to me the most was the walk cycles of the ninjas as they approached the door. It may have been a limitation of the rig, but the ankle/foot bends were a little too unnaturally high, you may want to counter that with less bend and slightly higher foot lift off ground. And there wasnt any real noticeable weight shift with the hips on the contact and down poses for the walk. But again, thats just my honest take.

Absolutely great feeling over all though. I loved the beginning lighting too with the candles on the table and i really loved the reflectivity of the sword showing the ninjas hooded eyes as he drew it from the scabbard some. That was a real nice touch. I think the best gag overall was the ninja smoking lol. The contrast of a highly trained, disciplined warrior in a physical peak shape....having an unhealthy vice of smoking hahahaha.

Pane
04-25-2010, 07:56 AM
Hahaha! I loved the 80s throwback and I agree with the rest you really captured that essence to the look and feel. The music I have not heard in years, and now it makes me want to watch "Bloodsport" again :). Sorry if I just ruined it by knowing where it came from haha.

I guess critique wise, the only things that bothered me were some of the animation mechanics. As a animation student myself and an aspiring Character Animator, the part that stuck out to me the most was the walk cycles of the ninjas as they approached the door. It may have been a limitation of the rig, but the ankle/foot bends were a little too unnaturally high, you may want to counter that with less bend and slightly higher foot lift off ground. And there wasnt any real noticeable weight shift with the hips on the contact and down poses for the walk. But again, thats just my honest take.

Absolutely great feeling over all though. I loved the beginning lighting too with the candles on the table and i really loved the reflectivity of the sword showing the ninjas hooded eyes as he drew it from the scabbard some. That was a real nice touch. I think the best gag overall was the ninja smoking lol. The contrast of a highly trained, disciplined warrior in a physical peak shape....having an unhealthy vice of smoking hahahaha.

very interesting reply, and i'm agree with you. For the music, we are proud of our choice, and his creator , Paul Hertzog, really likes our works, and that's a great thing for us !.

For the animation, you're right, thanx for your comment.

malcolmTG
04-26-2010, 10:56 PM
really enjoyed it. good work.

Daemonecles
04-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Holy crap guys. You have an AMAZING piece here. This thing is unreally awesome and I loved every second of watching. The character design didn't necessarily match up with the environment modeling but everything else was pure awesome. Nice work!

Pane
04-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Holy crap guys. You have an AMAZING piece here. This thing is unreally awesome and I loved every second of watching. The character design didn't necessarily match up with the environment modeling but everything else was pure awesome. Nice work!

thanx a lot mate :)

KoalasInc
04-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Great stuff! It really took me back to the good ol' days of the action movies :)
Must say that I agree with ksharp25 (http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=345264) about the footsteps, but apart from that I think the rest looks really nice and smooth, good work!
Maybe is just me, but sometimes when the ninjas are running over the rooftops, the sound reminded me of when you shake a spray can before painting with it.
Anyways.. looking forward to see more from you guys!

gauranga108
04-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Nice cinematography.

I'm confused though? Are we meant to like the red ninja? Cause I didn't. He seemed like a jerk.

Pane
04-29-2010, 08:57 AM
Nice cinematography.

I'm confused though? Are we meant to like the red ninja? Cause I didn't. He seemed like a jerk.

this is, as you prefer :)

evika
04-29-2010, 09:34 AM
wow great

Excellent travail les mecs (:

Imaver
04-29-2010, 01:43 PM
I liked your video - nice style of the characters and overall feel. Also very good animation. Keep it up! :beer:

JoshKirk
04-29-2010, 07:12 PM
this was just plain awesome. The animation was superb! The only thing that felt weird was the feet on that one close up walking shot but I assume it was an artistic choice that I just personally dont get. Overall way to go! Wish I could be a part of something even remotely this cool!

Pane
04-30-2010, 09:43 AM
thanx again guys, it's a real pleasure to have your support !

FutureBon
04-30-2010, 10:30 AM
thanx again guys, it's a real pleasure to have your support !

Keep up the kick-ass work! Most excellent! My boyfriend peeked over while I was watching it, got all excited and asked if Valve(the game makers of team fortress 2) were working on a ninja game. Oh man! I wish- Great animation!

KoalasInc
04-30-2010, 08:16 PM
Hi again, just nip-picking here, but from the many times i've seen it, I alwas tought the red ninja was right handed (how he pick the cigarrettes, the katana in the locker...) but when he dresses up, he has the katana on his back displaced for a left handed person. As I said, this is just plain simply nip-picking, and I guess it was made for better image composition purposes or something like that. Anyways, keep it up! :)

@gauranga108, I personally see him as the typical 80/90 action movies badass hero, not necsarely your nicest guy :)

thedoc
05-01-2010, 11:53 AM
This is good to me!!! I love the imaging style! love the lighting and rendering too! good effort.

MissOptimist
05-01-2010, 08:43 PM
I would definitely watch this if this was on cartoon network :applause:amazing animation, environment, and captivating mood.

Pane
05-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Keep up the kick-ass work! Most excellent! My boyfriend peeked over while I was watching it, got all excited and asked if Valve(the game makers of team fortress 2) were working on a ninja game. Oh man! I wish- Great animation!

Ahaha, it's really funny, team fortress 2 was one of our inspiration for the character design :) we are really proud that you mentionned that reference wich is for us one of the best game cartoon character design ever

CGTalk Moderation
05-03-2010, 09:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.