PDA

View Full Version : Looking for reference image to start modeling

ArtisticDreams
04-23-2010, 11:29 AM
I've been wanting to start building a model in Maya of a character named Naruto from an anime of the same name. I want to submit it to some fan art auctions and such, problem is I'm having trouble finding a good reference image of front and side view. Any help would be greatly appreciated, where to find such references, or how to get around not having one.

-ArtisticDreams

Nyro
04-23-2010, 12:27 PM
http://fredhooper.com/comiconschallenge09/NarutoLayout_FIN.jpg

If you're such a fan, you surely have some DVDs at home. Scrub through them and look out for an adequate pose.

I'm not familiar with Animé, nonetheless I think that most characters of a certain show look very similar in terms of proportion and style. Don't limit yourself to Naruto, see if you find some model sheets of other characters

ArtisticDreams
04-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the model sheet. I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan, I watch the episodes online and that's about it. So no, I don't have any DVD's, but good thought. I plan on looking for other characters, interactions between characters to me are much more fun to create than single action shots of just one character. I was also thinking I might just model out the clothes and make a more realistic type of model (what I think he would look like if he was alive), with real hair and such. Thanks again for the help.

BluRayDisc
05-23-2010, 02:07 PM
If you want to model anime like model I suggest you using Lightwave as they have the cell shading plug-in.

CGTalk Moderation
05-23-2010, 02:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.