PDA

View Full Version : PercentStep???

Jonathan
09-11-2003, 12:39 AM
I've been trying to get certain items to move slightly based on another object and channel. The elbow rig sample scene used PercentStep to achieve this on the lower bicep bone. I understood the concept and tried to duplicate the result but when I did, my bone did not move at all. It just stayed still. Am I missing something. What I'm trying to achieve is something like set driven key in Lightwave however I've yet to accomplish this in Messiah. For muscle bones this is absolutely neccessary when doing chest muscles as of late, I've been trying to add more secondary and tertiary motion to my characters to capture the minor nuances of human motion.

WesComan
09-11-2003, 02:57 PM
Hmm...hard to tell what's going wrong from what you've said; have you assigned the expression to a channel on the object you want to drive? Does the expression create a proper value (turn Debug on to check)?

An alternative to using PercentStep to directly drive objects is the CycleBranchMorph expressions. I find these more useful as they can drive poses of objects (or multiple objects) as opposed to just channels.

Jonathan
09-12-2003, 01:28 AM
HHMMMM I'll try that Wes. Thanx:p

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.