PDA

View Full Version : RIDER

brunoqs
04-22-2010, 06:55 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/248332_1271915718/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/248332_1271915718/1024bound)inspired by a lot of references. Auto pilot on, sleep well and enjoy the trip, or you can drive it, if you like speed, Cams are your eyes on road, and the HUD tells you what u need to know.

forbletons
04-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Really love the design of this and the atmospheric lighting.

Is it like a big track that runs around the vehicle giving it propulsion?

I would just prefer it if it were following the road rather than parked on the diagonal.

brunoqs
04-22-2010, 05:54 PM
actually is two tracks, so it can turn, thanks a lot, ill make another render to put if following the road. Thnxs a lot

olbertus
04-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Nice design, very desirable and chrome, I would also love to hear more about the propulsion system, is it some form of Mag-Lev technology?

brunoqs
04-22-2010, 06:49 PM
it has two tracks running arround the vehicle, both independent, giving directions, the back part is just like a recipient of NOX, but with magnetic energy (generated by the tracks), so when u press turbo it releases, and the main track, the blue, gets energized and the back part goes up, to get faster.

sorry, my english is not that great.

RyanWalsh
04-22-2010, 09:00 PM
Lovely design' only problem is I would be afraid to sleep in something that would tip over, not much room for steering is there?

olbertus
04-23-2010, 10:05 AM
@Ryanwalsh...I think the idea for anything like this would have to be gyroscopically balanced to prevent any "tip over" style mishaps and in terms of steering think of it like opposing caterpillar tracks, in order to steer they vary how fast they cycle. At least that's what I pictured from Brunoq's explanation.

@Brunoq...I would suggest that if you make another render to think about the road surface as vehicles operating on the Maglev principle need a repulsing magnetic field to interact with. The movie Minority Report gave a good demonstration of this potential which is already used on some high speed train designs like the JR-Maglev in Japan.

RyanWalsh
04-23-2010, 07:56 PM
olbertus, After looking at Syds work last night I found some bikes standing there without any other support. So I guess its my fault that I spoke too soon. Im sure there is a explination as to what actually balances a bike in the future(which isnt in motion)

CGTalk Moderation
04-23-2010, 07:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.