PDA

View Full Version : Amapi 7 for $149!!!

chikega
09-10-2003, 10:12 PM
I just got an email from 3dCommune and they're running an unbelievable special on Amapi 7 Designer. Don't ask me how much I just spent on it just a month ago - crap:annoyed: . It usually goes for $499 now it's $149 for a limited time until September 22 2003. It's a competitive upgrade from ANY 3d product.

Oh well, I'm no way affiliated with Eovia or 3dCommune. I just think that Amapi is a very powerful modeler with a very different paradigm that works. Even the upcoming Modo has adopted a few workflow ideas from Amapi.

http://www.3dcommune.com/3d/forum.mv?Front_Page_News+read+8936841133

Rabid pitbull
09-10-2003, 10:43 PM
i wouldn't give you $1.99 for that app!

Sorry to be so negative but i had version 4 and it was the buggiest program i have ever used! Hopefully all has changed since then, but still I will never know personally. I never was able to keep it open without crashing for more than a hour.:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

of course it has changed hands several times since then so maybe it has been repaired.:shrug:

chikega
09-10-2003, 10:48 PM
I had the same experience with previous versions (demos)... but supposedly Amapi 7 was reprogrammed from the ground up ... and it's been very stable ... so far.

Ibox
09-11-2003, 04:57 AM
Nope, it is still buggy as ever, if not more so... least ways on my machine... nice new render room, but yea, crash and burn :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.