PDA

View Full Version : Boolean Projection Curves

CGtragedy
04-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Hey guys and gals,

I have a quick question and need to be pointed in the right direction. I'm shattering a cylinder, as some may have seen with another post of mine. An associate told me to try doing a boolean script with projection curves onto the surface to extract shards.

Is there anything on the booleans and how to go about shattering from a curve on surface, that way I can get small enough shards? I've seen a few things, but I'm having a problem finding the names they go by and where to begin searching.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance!

Edit:
The script I'm currently using is a voronoi form script, using locators to place shards. I'm looking for something that will shatter without so much uniform lines.

CGtragedy
04-22-2010, 03:20 PM
No one has suggestions on CV curve based fractures?

nathansims100
04-22-2010, 06:48 PM
Hey. This (http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/marketplace/scripts-plugins/utility-external/misc/c/fracture--2) script does curve base shattering. it'll cost you 20 bucks. Works good though.

CGTalk Moderation
04-22-2010, 06:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.