PDA

View Full Version : Editing Illustrator files thru AE corrupts file

rsquires
04-21-2010, 10:31 AM
In After Effects I am trying to edit Illustrator files by choosing edit in original application. When I do this, and apply changes in Illustrator and save it, the file becomes corrupted and won't work anymore. If you save a copy there isn't a problem but it defeats the object of doing this. Is this a known problem or can you not edit Illustrator files in After Effects.

all the best

Richard

Mylenium
04-21-2010, 11:48 AM
Mac or PC? On Mac, there are notable issues with pretty much any PDF handling ever since 10.6 since they changed some core stuff. This would also affect AIs, since apaprently AE uses the PDF compatible data in the file. Other than that I'm not aware of any issues, but admittedly, I never use Edit Original anywhere...

Mylenium

rsquires
04-22-2010, 08:28 AM
Mac or PC? On Mac, there are notable issues with pretty much any PDF handling ever since 10.6 since they changed some core stuff. This would also affect AIs, since apaprently AE uses the PDF compatible data in the file. Other than that I'm not aware of any issues, but admittedly, I never use Edit Original anywhere...

Mylenium

Yup. I am on a Mac running 10.6. And the error was a pdf issue. Thing is I started a fresh project and hey presto it worked. I thought I was going mad but I don't really trust edit original. It is really useful for some of the stuff I am working on though.

Thanks

all the best

Richard

CGTalk Moderation
04-22-2010, 08:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.