PDA

View Full Version : Char->MS paint->256colors

TheRow
09-10-2003, 06:39 PM
Ok this is the third time I'm writing this so I will keep it short... (damn ie, damn school computer damn damn.. and so on..)

Was working in 3d max4.2 and was about to save after a long work period, guess what happens,
max crashes when I press the file->save file as button.
(I'm studying 3d modelling and 3d animation)
Out of plain fustration I open up ms pint and began drawing the modell I had started with in max.

After some time, and alot of pixels later, I was about to save, just to find that the 24bits bitmap save option was gone, that ment that the only way I could save the file was using 256 colors bitmap format.

Well long story short heres the end result.. I would realy love some c&c on this one, suggestions on how to make it better and so on.
:p

How ever I will not make it biger, (pixel by pixel takes time...)

http://www23.brinkster.com/onarow/temp.html

Self-Designer
09-10-2003, 10:29 PM
I don't know if it's not too late, but there's a folder named "autoback" in the max's folder, always check it before giving up...

Sorry to hear you lost your project... :sad:

TheRow
09-11-2003, 08:13 AM
I did trust me I did... but max don't like me that must be it...
goten a new project in max now.. see how that goes... already lost everything again.. two times... :argh:

Self-Designer
09-11-2003, 10:41 AM
1. There's version 4.2.6 upgrage, maybe it'll help your stability

2. If your max is so clamsy, maybe you should do several copies of the same file... I worked such a way once... hate that computer... ;)

TheRow
09-11-2003, 05:47 PM
Hmm must look into that uppgrade problem is that I'm working on a school computer.. wich means that I have limeted "freedom" when it comes to uppdates an such.
But defently something I will look into.. TNX!

BTW will remove the picture now so no more viewings sorry..

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.