PDA

View Full Version : Character changes position in render

dpad84
04-20-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm using Maya 2011 and some free models from CreativeCrash.com. I have had this problem with 2 different models. I posed them in a seated position and when I render, their position is different - I think just the arms and legs are changing position. The position in Maya doesn't change, only the render. Also, when I close the scene and then open it again, I have the same problem, the character has moved.
I have had this problem with other versions of Maya, too. Any thoughts on how I could fix this, or work around it?

Thanks

Dustin
04-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Kind of a longshot, but do you have any animation on the character? Check your timeline, or adjust the object, then scrub the timeline and see if it snaps back. If so, you will have to get rid of that animation, or set keys for the pose you are trying to keep.

You can also try deleting history (if they are just geometry, and not actually skinned or anything) in case something funny is happening there.

animatedfox
04-26-2010, 08:44 PM
A random thought...maybe check your render camera?
You probably already checked this, but just putting it out there.

This happens to me once in a blue moon...but it is definitely annoying.
~Ben

CGTalk Moderation
04-26-2010, 08:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.