PDA

View Full Version : importing character layers workflow?

everlite
04-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Hi,

I'd like to import a character into AE for animation, however the issue im encountering is the layers crops to the size of the work area and not to the size of the element. Ie if i import a leg element, and try to rotate this, it rotates using the comp size. Does this make sense? i just want a work flow that allows me to import and transform layer elements using a predictable bounding box that takes into account the element size or the pixel area ...

Thanks
Dave

ernpchan
04-20-2010, 06:16 PM
You can import a Photoshop file as a composition and have the option to import the layers as cropped or not.

Is this what you're looking for?

everlite
04-21-2010, 01:47 AM
Yes and no; yes that seems like the idea, but no doesnt seem to work for me .. when i import a PSD the bounding box is to the size of the comp itself and not the pixel area as i'd expect. Any ideas?

ernpchan
04-21-2010, 02:15 AM
Just to confirm, you're importing the psd file as a "composition-cropped layers" right? You can choose between cropped layers and document size. It sounds like you're doing it as document size.

Do you have stray pixels that are making your bounding box larger than it should be?

Cuz it should crop to just what pixels exist but if you have stray pixels it'll crop out to them.

CGTalk Moderation
04-21-2010, 02:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.