PDA

View Full Version : My web site, how can i.....?

canta3d
09-10-2003, 05:21 PM
Hi!!!!!, I´m new here and I would like u to visite my web site.

www.nico3d.com.ar (http://www.nico3d.com.ar)

How can i reduce the size of the web?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!

CONDE3D
09-10-2003, 05:26 PM
To reduce considerable size of your website, remove some images and select only your bests!

Cheers!

LocoMan
09-10-2003, 06:31 PM
Nice page.... :)

My advice to reduce the size, I'm guessing the site is one single bit SWF file. Look for a way to make it several smaller SWF files (one for 3D images, one for illustration and so on), each one with its own loading bar instead of one single loading bar for the entire site.. :)

Faust_Dagon
09-11-2003, 04:00 AM
Very nice 3d there :) as for the flash its self it good, but I agree with the rest, I would separate each page to thier own scene, and separete preloaders, though I dont find the load time to be all that bad, faster the better :):thumbsup:

oh one other thing, I would disable the buttons on the pages when your on the page ex, if I'm on the 3d page, the 3d button shouldnt be active, maybe even have the button in its mouseover stae or mousedown state when on the page for example, just minor things. :cool:

heavyness
09-11-2003, 08:56 AM
i didn't let it fully load [on a 56k] but like posted before, make several smaller flash files and load them into one container. also, with Flash MX, i know you can load in a image when called apon, not when the scene it's in is called. so say you have a gallery of 20 pictures, not all 20 have to load for the user to start looking at them.

also, optimizing your pictures in Adobe Photoshop or ImageReady, cropping them to get them as small as possible, and cleaning up your final flash file [making sure nothing is in there you don't need].

canta3d
09-11-2003, 04:46 PM
thanks for the advices!!!!:wavey:

ionanism
09-16-2003, 09:47 AM
One thing I have to add to this has nothing to do with site optimizing, but you really need to put in a button that will turn off the music on the loading screen…it really disrupts the music I have playing on my computer, thus making it extremely annoying.

Other than that, nice work.

The server that my own flash site is on seems to be down, so if you click on the link below you wont get anything…unless its up again and then this is a waste of text, space, and time.

Aelius
09-17-2003, 01:09 PM
Sorry, just didn't want to download. Maybe your server is a little slow, too?

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.