PDA

View Full Version : Motion Tracking Experiment

Darkfalldigital
04-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Well I've been playing around with motion tracking for the first time and I find it quite frustrating. I went into this quite blind, since there is little to NO resources online about motion tracking and doing it properly, it was just a bunch of guess work and crossing my fingers.

I used Boujou to track the footage

http://www.vimeo.com/11039743

the substance is bland and simple, but I was more concerned about getting the tracking to work right and the objects to integrate properly into the real world. I created HDR images of the area that the objects stand in, and used mental ray to use the HDR images (which was a huge pain in the ass with no control on lining up the HDR environment to the 3d scene properly, and the hdr having to be in the environment slot so it ends up rendering the hdr background aswell)

anyways, as you can see the results are mediocre, if anyone has any advice on doing motion tracking or some online resources you could refer me to I would be thrilled. Motion tracking is fun and the results can be great, but apparently I'm doing it all kinds of wrong lol

CGTalk Moderation
04-20-2010, 08:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.