PDA

View Full Version : Dynamics Problem

jedipottsy
04-20-2010, 01:27 AM
Hi, ive created an animation using rigid bodies with a tracked back plate. The simulation plays back perfectly (if slightly slow) but playblasts and renders dont work, the simulation doesnt work. I tried baking everything to keys but nothing happens either. I have an passive to active keyframe on the simulation, which should start at frame 120. Using maya's RBD solver on low resolution proxies with high resolution objects parented.

Tried baking in maya 2010 x64, and 2011 trial and neither work. Tried animating the volume axis and gravity magnitudes instead of using an active/passive keyframe but that doesnt work either.

Aikiman
04-20-2010, 05:04 AM
You might have to post your scene for this one.

jedipottsy
04-20-2010, 05:17 AM
You might have to post your scene for this one.

nvm solved it by enabling memory cache, cached to mem then baked from there. Never had to do it before though on previous scenes, is it because im using the 'midpoint' method maybe?

Thanks anyway :beer:

Aikiman
04-20-2010, 08:31 PM
Not sure, maybe its a bug. Which version of Maya are you using? Generally with any sim you will want to cache it before you render it or even baking to keys. Playblast isnt always reliable in some cases I dont know why, I really do think it has to do with Maya's RB solver.

CGTalk Moderation
04-20-2010, 08:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.